Micro Greens - Basic Salad Mix (10-15 Day)
Approximately 400-800 seeds per gram.
This vigorous oak leave heirloom variety has bright burgundy red leaves that are deeply lobed, creating a full rosette with a typical green center. Great for baby leaf salad mixes. Red Oak Leaf is slow to bolt, tender, and mild-tasting. However, once it has bolted (starts to produce a rapidly growing flower stem) the leaves will become bitter. It is best grown in early spring or late summer and early fall as the cool nights are beneficial for a better harvest.
- Scatter seeds into soil mixture and lightly cover – do not plant deeper than 6 mm (¼"). If using paper towel, scatter seed evenly onto paper towel and cover with another paper towel sheet and remove cover once seeds begin to sprout.
- Soil Conditions: Well worked rich, loose well-drained soil. Soil PH: 5.5-7.0, Ideal 6.3-6.5 if using soil.
- Planting Depth: Sow seeds 6 mm (¼") deep in soil mixture, scatter seeds on top of moist paper towel and cover.
- Germination: 5-10 days.
- Days to Maturity: 10-20 days for fresh greens
- Watering: Water just enough to keep your soil mix or paper towel moist.