- Tobacco Seeds
- Tobacco - Thompson
Tobacco - Thompson
Approximately 1000 seeds per gram.
HEALTH EFFECTS NOTICE - By purchasing any of these tobacco seeds, the buyer acknowledges that tobacco causes cancer and other health problems, and that the buyer will be entirely responsible when ingesting any of this product, or offering this product to others, and the seed seller will not be liable for any cancer or other health problems resulting from the use of this product. Your purchase of this seed constitutes that you have read this notice and understand that you are responsible for any cancer or other health problems resulting from the use of this product.
WARNING: Home grown tobacco can be very strong and even dangerous, so smoke with caution until you become familiar with the nicotine level of your product. As you probably know, any smoke is known to cause cancer, birth defects and other health problems.
By buying these seeds you verify that you are of legal purchasing age.
- It is best to sow seeds indoors in flats, trays or small pots about 6-8 weeks before transplanting. We use small re-useable plastic trays - flats filled 5-8cm (2-3”) of fine starting mix or potting soil. Pack the soil very lightly and thoroughly soak and let drain before seeding. If using small pots apply the same techniques. Sprinkle seeds 2-3 per pot or evenly distribute seeds in trays-flats – spacing seeds far enough apart to make transplanting easier on the seedlings. Do not cover the seeds. Mist seeds lightly and cover the tray loosely with a plastic dome or a sheet of clear light plastic film- ensure that you maintain a loose seal for some air exchange. Place in an area near a window or under grow lights where the temperature remains constant between 21-27°C (70-80°F). Do not exceed 29.5°C (85°F). Mist the trays daily and keep the soil surface moist at all times. Seeds will germinate in 7-14 days. Tobacco seed germination can be difficult at times and is entirely temperature dependent. Lower temperatures will greatly delay germination. When seeds start sprouting, remove the plastic cover and move to a sunny location such a green house or cold frame or grow lights. Keep soil moist at all times. Over watering may cause seedlings to dampen off and hinder good root development. Transplant – thin or divide seedlings to 1 per pot when seedlings have 4 well developed leaves. Set seedlings outside in filtered sunlight (shaded areas) for 2-4 hours a day, gradually hardening them off. Transplant to a final location after your last frost and if possible in a wind protected area. Plant seedlings in rows spaced 2 feet apart. Keep soil moist until plants are well established.
- Soil Conditions: Well worked rich, loose well-drained soil. Soil PH: 5.5-7.0, Ideal 6.3-6.5
- Planting Depth: Sow seeds on top of soil mixture – keep moist and cover with ventilation
- Germination: 7-14 days.
- Height at Maturity: reaching 1.4-1.5m (41/2 - 5') tall.
- Days to Maturity: 65 - 75 days.
- Watering: Proper watering is tricky as you have to water deeply and then let the soil dry out slightly but still remain slightly moist and then water deeply again. Keep watering schedule consistent throughout the growing season and you will not be disappointed. Mulch the soil around plants to help reduce water evaporation and use drip irrigation.
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Spacing after Thinning: Set transplants in rows spaced 61cm (24”apart.